August 13, 2003

Crab Baby

Most mornings Ollie wakes up groggy but generally a happy baby. NOT this morning! He was fussing and fighting and moaning and groaning. He didn't want to wake up, once he did he fussed with frustration as he tried to eat his fist. Yea, he still doesn't have thumb sucking down. Although he has gotten the 4 fingers down, thumb out in mouth a few times. Then he wouldn't keep his binky in his mouth, so his momma played the binky game while I got dressed. He didn't want to be in his car seat so he fussed around and pushed himself around in it. Almost out a few times. Both Tresa and I played the binky game until we left for work. When we dropped Tresa off at work a happy pants fairy must've flown in the car while the door was open. Ollie snoozed until we got to the babysitters. I got him out (apparently the fairy left then) and took him inside. He woke up with a big smile and extremely happy.

Of course he gets happy right when I drop him off! Though I can't blame anyone but myself for this. He inherited the "crabby in the morning" trait from me. Tresa is bouncing off of walls in the morning, you have to push me out of the bed. Which also means he gets the "I don't want to go to sleep" bug from me too, I'm more of a night owl. People always say, "I hope you have a child exactly like you". So far I'm 2 for 2 in the sleep department.

No comments: