Last night was close to a disaster. Ollie didn't get a very good early evening nap in. So, he was a bit more crabby than the last couple of nights for his 8:30 bottle. After that he didn't want to go to sleep because he was so tired. I walked with him and he was still awake. Tresa took him and got him to sleep, he woke back up. She got him to sleep again, he woke back up after he got into his bed (like he can do that himself). So, he played for awhile, we shut off the light and gave him his binky and I pulled him next to my side of the bed in his crib and played The Binky Game for about 1/2 hr. You could hear the gastric acid come back up every so often, not a nice sound. Granted he never became the awful howler-monkey he usually is when he is over-tired, but it wasn't as easy as the previous 2 nights.
Also, I have a bone to pick with mobile makers. How come when you wind up a mobile it only plays the song 4 times? The songs don't last more than 20 seconds, so a minute later your winding the thing again! When you're trying to put a baby to sleep and have to re-wind a mobile every minute, it makes it much more difficult to get the baby to go to sleep!
This morning we got a long and interesting conversation from Ollie, I have yet to figure out what it was about though. I'm sure he was telling us how great of parents we are! He was smiling thoughout it, so that must've been it. I can be dilusional can't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment