February 16, 2005

Please, Thank You and Horse Puckey

While talking last night with Ollie in the vicinity, I said something like "that is a bunch of bull...crap". I caught myself mid-cussword, guess what Ollie repeated after I said it, BULLCRAP. I then proceeded to get him to mimic "horse puckey", which he did pretty well. He repeated it several more times, so now he has a decent barnyard animal vocabulary about poop.

The mimicking does have its benefits. Please and Thank You have been coming out of his mouth. It is more like Peas as in "mik peas", which doesn't sound like a great combination, but it is a start. He has to be prompted to say them, but he will get the idea soon enough. Thank you comes out similar to 'tank you', but isn't being repeated as often as peas. At least we are on the road to decent manners.

No comments: