We are lucky to have a really healthy happy baby. Another baby at the sitter's got his shots yesterday. He was fine in the morning, but when I arrived to pick Ollie up, he was howling at the top of his lungs. The shots did him no favors. The biggest reaction Ollie had from shots was a 10 minute howling session after being poked and maybe a slight fever. I'm glad the only major illnesses have been the flu last year and his gastric. Yep, that's the worst disease he's had. Lucky indeed.
On another day when I picked Ollie up from the sitter's he wasn't ready to go. I sat down with him and put his shoes and jacket on him. I then stood him up so we could go home for the day. As soon as he got on his feet he took off for the door. He reached the door before I could get up. Either I'm really slow or he was ready to leave.
He is near to running (not good for us) and walking backwards. He usually gets going backwards then trips over something because he doesn't look where he is going. He is also learning words easier and understanding simple commands like 'take this to your mom'. He doesn't always follow them, but he wouldn't be our son if he wasn't stubborn. He is well on his way to his language explosion that is supposed to occur in the next 6 months. I just hope we don't get talked to death.
No comments:
Post a Comment