October 15, 2004

Agony of De Teef

Yesterday was a miserable day for Ollie. He woke up fairly happy and raring to go. His afternoon turned the day into a painful one. More teeth were pushing their way through the surface of his gums. He spent most of the day being consoled by his sitter. Medicine helped a little bit at her house. By the time I arrived to pick him up for the day, he was very sore, tired and cranky. Not that I wouldn't be cranky if a sharp, piercing tooth was pushing through my gums.

His ride home wasn't too bad, but that was because he took a nap. We put him to bed when we got home and he slept until about 6. When he got up he was still in pain, so it was Motrin to the rescue. A little while later he was back to his normal self. He had various snacks for dinner since he didn't eat when he got up and played until almost 10:30.

I awoke this morning surprised that he hadn't woken up in the middle of the night. I was expecting a howl wake-up call like we had the previous night. Ollie was ready to go once he got up. When we got to the sitter's this morning he happily toddled away, ready for another day of play.

No comments: