Today Ollie turns 2. It is amazing how much he has changed in that little amount of time. He went from being totally helpless to helping himself to whatever he wants. He's grown from a chubby cheaked baby to a lean mean running machine, with jumping nearing. From howls and screams to coherent sentences. He knows what he wants and he'll tell you.
This evening, we are planning on making Hot Dogs and Macaroni (his favorite). We are going to try and eat on the deck if it doesn't rain. We also have a cake with the Monster's Inc. characters on it. Ice cream to top it off.
He's already gotten his tricycle and last night he got a toy toolset from his aunt. I doubt it will prevent him from playing with my real tools, but it could help. We are also planning on getting him a plastic swimming pool for the summer. I imagine we will be soaked by summers end.
Tomorrow we plan on garage sales. I'm sure he will find something he must have, he did last year. Luckily, it was only 10 cents. He'll get to cruise in his stroller while we walk from house to house.
I only hope he sleeps in his own bed for his birthday. He didn't do so well last night and he isn't an easy person to sleep with. He did get up in a good mood though.
So, here's to 2 years and many more. When you turn 18, we'll show you the door. (I should really leave the poetry to professionals)
No comments:
Post a Comment