May 04, 2005

He Doesn't Know What He's In For

Ollie can point to the 3 other kids at the sitters and call them all by their names correctly. He can mimic 'Tori in Mama's Tummy', but he has no idea that a person is in there. He's in for a shock in about 6 weeks. About that time baby version 2 (Tori) will make her way into our home.

I am predicting that Ollie will be curious, but not very fond of his sister for a few months. The cats will hate her presence, but will get used to her. Being in the terrible 2's, Ollie will either throw fits every time we do something for her or he'll want to help with everything. I'm guessing fits. We'll have one throwing tantrums because he isn't getting his way and another crying because she needs something. I'm predicting earplugs in our future.

Once he gets used to her, he'll probably be an over protective brother. Over protective of his toys that is! He seems to share very well with the kids at the sitters and take a lot of their crap without complaint. For instance, the 2 kids learning to walk use him as a walker and he lets them grab on and walks with them without complaint. I'm hoping this carries over to his sister.

It is hard to know what to expect. It will change our family dynamic and will change all of us for the better. It will also change our sleeping patters, but that comes with the territory.

No comments: