November 29, 2004

Turkey Day

Pureed turkey doesn't count as real turkey, so this was the first year Ollie had real turkey. He still isn't much of a carnivore, but he had a few bites. Yams were his least favorite food. It is obvious that his tastes have changed since starting on solids. Yams were his favorite food. If you couldn't get him to eat, give him Yams and he ate them. Now, they produce a sour disgusted look on his face and are tossed by the wayside. He ate most everything else or at least tried it all.

He spent a long weekend with his parents. He took and nap while we went to see The Incredibles. His Aunt and Uncle's just listened to him sleep on the monitor. On Friday, he and I got out of the house and ran a few errands. Luckily we went to places where no one was around like the pet store. Every store was packed other than the places we went. On Saturday and Sunday Ollie got 3 hr naps. This threw off his schedule and he didn't go to bed until 10:30. He has been happy and ready to go both days.

We also put up the 2nd tree this weekend while Thanksgiving dinner was cooking. Ollie hung more ornaments and told us all about the lights. He also broke one on our stair well and is now drawn to the broken light every time he sees it. He also rearranges and re-hangs ornaments that have fallen. Last night he crawled underneath a tree to get a fallen ornament and put it back up. It had to be done or I would have heard "uh-oh" for the rest of the night.

This year should be fun for Ollie, he will especially love opening presents. He already started opening a few of them. I'm sure he'll be more interested in the paper and boxes than what is in them, but at least he is starting to get the idea. He should clean-up in presents this year, at least he'll clean-up in wrapping paper and boxes.

I've got more pictures that I need to scan in, so I should have more up this week.

No comments: