Since Ollie's last few teeth problems have subsided, a few other things have changed. Ollie has started to fall asleep on his own. We go to lay him down, he rolls over and falls asleep with only a minor whimper. This is a wonderful new development. We usually feel like crap when he squalls about going to sleep. Apparently, he's learned when he's tired he should go to sleep. With this new activity, we are going to break him of his last bottle. it really hasn't been putting him to sleep lately anyways. We'll just have to make sure he has a snack about 7 so he doesn't get crabby to early. He's been sleeping better as well. At least 10 hrs plus a nap during the week and sometimes 11 hrs plus a nap on the weekends. Now if only he could shake this minor cold.
Comprehensible words are on their way. He says things that sound like words and can repeat them. "Cracker", "all gone", "ha ha", "uh oh", "Kitty", "Hi kitty" and a few others. Yesterday when I picked him up from the sitter's he waved hello to me. The waving has been missing when he is around familiar people for a while. This morning when I dropped him off at the sitters, he wanted down almost immediately to go play with the baby. He walked a few feet, stopped and came back and gave me a hug before taking the sitters hand and going to see the baby. Ollie is changing faster than I can count, I hope I don't blink and miss something.
No comments:
Post a Comment