Gastric reflux is a nightmare! Last night we had given him a bath and his last bottle about 9:30. He finished up around 10 and slept on Tresa's shoulder until 10:30. Usually that is long enough for his gastric reflux to settle down and we can put him to bed. Not last night!
After she laid him in his bed, she went to get herself ready for bed. Then I heard it. Guh, guh...BLEAK! He was awake from spitting up on himself. Then the fun began. So, I picked him up and tried to calm him until about 11. He started screaming because his stomach didn't want to settle down. So Tresa took him for about an hour and gave him a small amount of bottle at 11:30 he fell asleep...or so we thought.
She put him into bed and not 10 minutes later...guh, guh, BLEAK...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It's pretty bad when you can hear your son's stomach churning from 10 feet. So he was upset and he cried until almost 12 when I had to take him back and sleep on the couch with him so Tresa could get some sleep. He fussed for a bit then I finally got him in a position he was comfortable and his gastric wasn't active enough to wake him. We both fell asleep until about 1am when I was finally able to place him in his own bed and I returned to mine. You could still hear the gastric, but it didn't wake him up this time. All of this definitely tries your patience and is very frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment