January 11, 2007
What We Missed
While the kids were away, Huts and I played, and like most parents, we eventually ran out of steam and started to miss our little ones. I missed the blur of little bobbing heads as they ran through the bathroom while I took a shower, while Huts missed the scampering of feet. We missed the smiles, the questions and the laughs, and when we finally arrived at the meeting point, we were both glad to see how excited the kids were. Ollie's face lit up immediately, and Tori reached out to me with a stunned look on her face, as though she couldn't believe her parents were finally in front of her. Of course, Ollie keeps saying he wants to be with us forever, but that will change one day, and then we can look forward to being the doting grandparents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment