January 15, 2007

Hello, My Name is Stubborn

With the age of 3 comes testing your boundaries. Ollie has been testing them regularly lately. Last night he got in trouble several times for going beyond his boundaries. He had gotten a plastic sword from the Disney store and had hit his Mama with it after I told him not to. I told him that I was going to take it away from him if he did it again.
100_1330


"No you're not", he boldly stated.

I warned him if he talked back to me again, I was taking it away too.

"No you're not", he repeated.

Then his sword was taken away and he cried about it. He started going upstairs upset about not having his sword. He was told he could have it back if he apologized.

"No, I don't want it", he replied as he stomped upstairs.

About 10 minutes later he came up to me and said he was sorry repeatedly. Apparently, he'll do things on his own time. Unfortunately for potty training purposes, I think we are wasting our time. He'll do it when he is ready. We just hope its before he is 5.

No comments: