October 18, 2006

Party

“I don’t want to go to your party at work, Mama,” Ollie says. Two minutes later, “I want to go to your party with clowns and hot dogs and balloons,” he tells me.

We’ve been talking about this party since I told him about it on Saturday. He even told Annie all about it. Of course, he wanted to go then, but now he is waffling (until I tell him Tori is going). We go through this all of time. Back and forth, back and forth. Take Sunday afternoon, for example. We got some groceries at Walmart and then decided to get a couple of sandwiches at Subway. As soon as we walked in there, Ollie started screaming. We decided to leave, and then of course, he wanted to stay.

Three-year-olds. You never know from one day to the next what they are going to want, say or do. Wish us luck on Halloween. He insisted on a Buzz Lightyear costume but is now telling everyone that he is going to be a ghost!

No comments: