October 10, 2006

I'm Not Going To Sharon's

That's what I heard this morning from Ollie when he got up. He insisted that he wasn't going as he snuggled under the covers on the couch and watched cartoons. Much to my surprise, he got dressed without a fuss but insisted again he wasn't going when his dad got downstairs. That's when his dad mentioned how he hadn't wanted to leave the sitter's the day before. A fight ensued when we left, but once in the car, Ollie settled down and started talking about gas stations. Once at the gas station, he got into the front seat and proceeded to tell me that he had talked to Sharon's son Aaron about me. "What did you tell him, Ollie?" I asked. "That you're my mom," Ollie replied. And that was the end of that conversation. He was on to another subject leaving me wondering what he tells the babysitter. Ahh…the life of a three-year-old.

No comments: