When Ollie gets dropped off at the babysitters, he becomes 1 of 2 people. Either the clingy, crying, I don't want you to leave personality or he becomes the "let me down", "I want to go play", "see you later sucker" personality.
For most of this week he has been the clingy personality and has had to be dragged away crying. Fortunately, the crying doesn't last long and he's off and playing in no time. It is just the part in between the playing and dropping off that doesn't go so well. Sometimes, I'll set him down and he'll have me bend down to hug him, but he won't let go. Other times, he won't even get out of my arms with his head on my shoulder. When the sitter takes him, he leans over as far as he can to try to get out of her arms and I have to rush out the door. He gets told that he'll be picked up soon and he'll have fun, but to no avail.
Then there are days like today. Even before I can get in the door with him, he wants down and is grabbing the sitter's hand and takes off for the kitchen. I almost have to yell to say good bye as he heads around the corner without looking back. Too much fun to be had and so little time to do it.
Neither of these are very heartbreaking, it is just something that kids need to learn. Parents aren't going to be around all the time, so it is better to get him used to the idea early on. I guess 6 weeks old was a good starting time!
No comments:
Post a Comment