August 13, 2004

Drop, Flop and Kick

The last 2 days that I have picked Ollie up from the sitters, he has greeted me with the following body movements: Drop, Flop (turn over) and Kick. He first drops down into a ball, then flops himself onto his back and starts kicking his legs like he is riding a bike against the carpet. He'll lay keep doing that until I pick him up. I'm not sure what instigated it, but he sure enjoys his new routine.

He plays a game at home where he drops himself onto pillows or fluffed up blankets. Then he rolls around in them. He usually gets all tangled up in the blanket and then we have a ghost walking around bumping into things. He still isn't the most coordinated yet and falls quite often, so the blanket makes it more difficult to stay upright.

When he hops on the pillow, it is a bit different. He is still small enough to fit his whole body diagonally on the pillow. We pick him up in it and swish him back and forth like a washing machine would clothes. He loves being thrown around. He'll spin in the office chair until he is dizzy. I'll hold him like he is sitting and swing him as high as I can, until my arms fall off. He'll laugh and giggle while being thrown around. Maybe that is why he loves the park so much.

No comments: