November 25, 2003

Pain in the Mouth

Usually Ollie will go to sleep and stay asleep after he's laid down. Sometimes he needs the vacuum cleaner on for about 10 minutes until he's out for good. Last night, his teeth changed the game plan. He did ok going to bed and got up about 12 for his bottle, which is normal for him. 1:30 rolls around and he fusses, Tresa can't get him back to sleep. So, I give it a shot.

He's pushed himself into the corner of his bed head first on his belly. I move him back to the middle of his bed and turn on the vacuum. 15 minutes later, I think he's asleep. I go back to bed after turning the vacuum off. About the time I get back into our room, I can hear him on the monitor. I repeat the previous cycle and he seems to be out. Not so fast.

So, I give him baby tylenol to help with the pain and start the vacuum CD at 2 am. I make a bed on the floor in his room and wait. About 2:30 the CD starts skipping. So, I decide to shut it off. Ollie still can't stay asleep. The CD goes on again until 3 am, when I finally shut it off because it is skipping again. Ollie stays asleep and I camp on his floor to make sure he doesn't wake up. Tresa came and got me sometime later, when she awoke and noticed I looked a awful lot like a cat or two. Ollie was out until 6 am. I can't wait for a full set of teeth. Of course, then he'll use them to bite me!

No comments: