September 19, 2006

Mom onboard

Since Ollie has been born, his dad has been posting on the blog. Since his dad no longer has access to the blog during his lunchtime at work, his mom is going to help out. So, here is my first post about Ollie.

Ollie is the oldest, and now that his sister Tori is walking, he is demonstrating his rank by pulling her wherever he wants and moaning when she doesn't obey. Huts caught him pulling Tori up on our bed last night. Of course, being stretched like a rubber band hurt, and Tori screamed like mad about it. I can't say I blame her. Who would want to be yanked all over the place by a giant three-year-old. Anyway, to make a long story short, I find myself yelling at Ollie from time to time to leave his sister be and let her do as she wish. Boy, oh boy, do I now understand how my brother Travis felt with me bossing him around.

On another note, Huts is concerned that the video Max and Ruby is causing Ollis to regress in his language skills. "Hungry," "thirsty" and other single words have now replaced "I am hungry and thirsty." Of course, that doesn't mean Ollie cannot talk. As his grandma Marie pointed out to me, "He can yak your ear off when he gets going." The boy has an incredible vocabulary and continues to astound his parents with concepts like, "Let's play croquet." What three-year-old knows about croquet?

Well, that's my post for today. Kind of stiff, but don't worry Ollie, I will loosen up a bit as time marhces on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first criticism...2nd to last word should be spelled "marches", not "marhces". Have a nice day!