June 30, 2006

Up-Chuck

100_0451 Ollie didn't feel good yesterday when I left him at the sitter's. He still has an occasional bout of separation anxiety, but it turned out to be illness. We traced the culprit to his antibiotics causing nausea and him not eating breakfast.

He also threw up on himself on the way home. We pulled over, cleaned him and the seat up and he threw up again on the side of the road. We still have to teach him the right way to not barf on himself as I had to bend him over so it wouldn't get all over him. Once home, he had popsicles, macaroni and cheese and a bite of pizza. We skipped his medicine last night and he was in bed by 8 because he was so tired.

This morning we made sure he had plenty to eat and gave him his medicine. He is feeling much better and when I called to check on him, he was feeling fine without any more incidents. I guess we were right about the antibiotics causing it. We just have to make sure he gets food in his stomach before his medicine. I'm just glad he isn't going to be sick for our entire trip that is coming up. At least he'll be able to enjoy the fireworks and fun.

No comments: