The weather was nice and warm this weekend, at least warm enough to go outside. On Saturday, we drew with chalk on the side walk. Ollie's parents drew things at his command and then he would help by making corrections with his chalk. He draw right through our drawings and then tell us what to draw next. We covered the entire sidewalk by the door and they've been graded appropriately by Ollie.
Ollie is also a good wrangler of the cats. Basically, they are afraid of him. They came outside with us, but most didn't last very long. Ollie would run near them minding his own business and they would take off for the door to the house. They weren't outside for very long.
Sunday was warm and sunny so everyone got to outside in the back yard. There was more chasing of the cats and running up and down the hill. There was sliding and playing in the sand. Lots of playing in the sand! Ollie got a sand bath! He would scoop it up and fling it into the air, mostly landing on him. In between scoops, he would grab a handful of sand and bring near us and throw it or drop it. Then he would go back to flinging it in the air. I'm glad I have a supply of replacement sand, the sandbox will need it.
Ollie got a bath after the first sand flinging in the sink. Apparently it didn't go too smoothly. He and I went back outside later and more sand flinging ensued. He also went down his slide several times and made a break for the neighbors jungle gym. I caught him halfway there and he wasn't pleased to say the least. We are going to have to build him one of his own apparently, but that won't stop him from trying to get on the neighbors, I'm sure. After his run for the Jungle Gym we came inside to his protest. This led to Ollie's second bath of the night after his dinner.
We did finish a roll of film, so maybe I'll have pictures to post by next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment