March 22, 2005

Rough Teeth

We picked Ollie up from the sitter's yesterday, his cheeks were red and he had a fever. He got medicine when we got home and he was his normal self until he went to bed. He was in bed a little earlier than usual, so it wasn't a big surprise when he woke up at 11:30 with another fever. His mom had to hold him while I gave him medicine. He got the medicine despite his protests.

We laid on the couch while we waited for him to go back to sleep and his fever to subside. To calm him I had to sing "The Wheels on the Bus" A LOT! I started making up verses to the same tune. Eventually, I was able to hum it and then stop all together. I'm sure the cats appreciated it when I stopped singing. It took about 30 minutes for him to fall asleep and his fever to subside. I waited for a little while longer and put him back in his bed for the night. He slept the rest of the night and woke up without a fever. He was a little crabby and still messing with his molars so, he received more medicine. If he's lucky, he won't get a fever today.

The fever has been part of his teething from day 1 with the diarrhea. I'm hoping he passed that part this past weekend. Maybe tonight he won't be in pain and will want to watch TV with his Mama and Tori.


Watching TV before bed

No comments: