June 24, 2004

Slip Sliding Away

It was such a nice day after work yesterday that we decided to take Ollie to the park after dinner. The park was empty so he had the run of the place. Run he did. At least as best as he could in the sand without falling. He's not big enough to climb to the different levels on the playground yet, so Tresa and I took him to the various play things. He liked the slides best. They had a few different ones. Straight silver slides, straight enclosed plastic slides and curved enclosed plastic slides.

Ollie didn't like going down the straight open silver slides by himself, but he laughed all the way down when his mom and I took him down it. He was a bit scared of the enclosed slides at first, but really seemed to enjoy them. They were slower and shorter, but he could go down them by himself.

Of course he had to play in the sand and give himself a sand bath. He kept picking it up and dropping it on himself. Of course I had to help, but taking the little scoop play toy and dumping some on his pants! I know...mean daddy. He didn't seem to mind though. No bouncy and no swings, maybe another park another day.

No comments: