Everyone has their favorite treats. I love ice cream and Pizza. Ollie gets his share of our treats, he likes shrimp and chicken. Even the cats get little kitty treats.
Everyone with a baby knows that the first thing a baby tries to do with something new is shove it in their mouth. Ollie is no exception. Whenever we are downstairs with Ollie we have to move the cat food off the floor and pick up anything he could grab and eat. Upstairs isn't much of a problem because there isn't much food around unless we bring it up their.
The cats get their treats before we go to bed. Usually they swarm for them when we call 'TREATS'. Most of the time they run for their treats and gobble them right up. Occasionally they will disinterested and just let them be. We give the leftovers to the other cats and it is taken care of.
Last night however the other cats didn't want the leftovers. These are small treats, unless you are specifically looking for them you'll miss them. It looked like they had all been eaten. A little later in the night Ollie was standing up on the foot stools and sat back down. I noticed he was moving his mouth around like he was chewing. I figured he was just grinding his in-coming teeth, which occurs all the time. He kept at it, so finally I tried to find out what he was chewing on. I had to force my finger inside to find out. Of course he didn't like that, so he struggled. I finally won the battle and pulled out a half-eaten shrimp and chicken CAT TREAT! It was all gross an slimy. Ollie wasn't too happy about having his treat taken away. A quick distraction made it all better.
Needless to say, we are going to be looking for cat treat remnants a lot better from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment