When Ollie first came home, I made a new best friend. Since that time, my new best friend has come more into my life as well as Tresa's. My best friend is very supportive, especially when we are tired. My best friend has been around more than before. My old best friend, however, has taken a hiatus for the forseeable future. My old best friend was nice, but Ollie ran him out of town. I wish my old best friend would come back.
You see, my new best friend is caffeine. My old best friend, sleep. Ollie reintroduced our friends last night and today. Last night, Ollie went to bed at 7 pm, about 2 hrs. earlier than he has been going to bed. So after his usual hourly waking from 7 to 10, he decided that he wanted to play at 1 am. Tresa got up with him then, I got up at 2 and we all finally went to sleep at around 3. Then he was up at 4:30 again! Every time Tresa or I went in to check on him, he was standing up! It's hard to put yourself back to sleep when you are standing. So, we put him back down, rocked him or put on his vacuum CD...whatever it took to get him back to sleep. I guess rolling into the side of the bed isn't enough any more, he has to stand.
I miss the baby that just wriggled around a little bit. That baby slept a lot better than this one does, at least he seemed to.
On a side note, Ollie is using his walker fairly easily now. He runs into everything, but he keeps up with it at a rapid pace. It won't be long and he'll be walking. I don't know whether to fear that or be happy about it. Maybe he'll start running around in his bed at night instead of just standing.
No comments:
Post a Comment