February 08, 2014
Stage Fright
Christian has to give a
presentation this week in his Geography class. He selected the topic of
Canadian currency, researched it and wrote out some notes. He made a display
board for a visual and has been practicing his presentation. He does ok, but he
is very scared. He teared up yesterday and told me he had stage fright. I told
him that was ok and to just do his best, to take his time and try to make eye
contact. I suspect he will do better in front of his peers than in front of me.
We will see. I tried to get him to do it without his notes, but he won’t. Too
nervous to just go through the display board he has created. I remember feeling the same way every
time I had to get up and speak in front of the class. Ugh. Not fun for an
introvert. Oh well. This won’t be the first time he has to do this. With any
luck, he will do well enough to make a passing grade. Keep your fingers
crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment