Brownie Boy
The kids love brownies. It doesn't take them long to
realize when they are baking. “I smell brownies,” Eli always says. The other
day, I pulled a box out of the cabinet and sat it on the counter top. I was
going to make them later. Christian saw the box and wanted to know if he could
make them. And, make them he did. By the time Huts got down to the kitchen,
Christian had most of the work done. He loves to cook and bake, and he is
getting to the point where he can do many tasks on his own, including following
the directions on the back of the box. He even put the pan in the oven himself
this time. He took his time and was very careful, but he got the pan in. I don't
think he is ready to deal with hot pans quite yet, but he will get there. He
has a genuine interest in the culinary world, and sometimes I wonder if he will
consider becoming a chef one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment