January 11, 2009

Christian The Crafter

Like Green Eggs and Ham, Christian does not like to play sports! He will tell you emphatically. He'll watch some of them with me, but no way does he want to play himself. So, to help him find something he's interested in, we are looking at art/craft classes. He loves doing crafts at school. He loves glue, stapler's and especially scissors. He loves to paint and draw. He can probably draw better than I can (I'm horrible, so he must get it from his Mama). I don't think I could come up with something like the Dragon and Snowman he painted awhile ago.



Luckily the parks and rec department offers a crafting class or two. We are looking into putting him into something like that in the spring. He seemed kind of interested in it when we mentioned it last night. So maybe he'll decide to go. He's already looking forward to camp again this summer, but that's still 6 months away. The only activity he might like (due to Power Rangers) would be martial arts, but I don't know if he'd be interested in that at all. We'll see how skiing goes next month. He'll definitely enjoy the water park and getting everyone wet.

No comments: