
Ollie doesn't like change much. This is evident when it comes to his shoes and his coat. He doesn't want them to change no matter how much he has out grown them. Unbeknownst to him, the last pair of shoes was the exact same style of shoe, just in a larger size. So, it was a sad day when we went to buy him new shoes this weekend and they didn't have the same style in a larger size. After a few squabbles and a cry for Elmo slippers (which he got also), he settled on a pair of shoes with orange trim.
When it came time to put on his new shoes this morning, it was a kick and cry fest. I put them on while he was crying for his old shoes and kicking his legs to prevent me from putting his new shoes on. Once on his feet, he tried taking them off. He succeeded a few times before leaving them on his feet. Once at the babysitters, off they came. He insisted on wearing a sweat shirt today. Since he wore that he didn't have to wear a jacket. That'll be tomorrow's battle as his old jacket has disappeared as well.
The rest of the weekend, Ollie spent outside for the most part. He even took a walk and actually walked part of it. He was jumping over the lines in the sidewalk when he tripped on his old shoes and went down hard on the concrete. He scraped his hands a little bit, but he was ok other than that. He rode in the stroller for the rest of the walk. He also went down for his naps rather easily and didn't fuss about them much. I hope that trend remains.
Lastly, I yelled at him for spilling his drink on the stairs after he started crying about it. I was wrong and shouldn't have done it and I apologize to him. I doubt he'll remember it and I will probably forget it, but I wanted him to have this to read in the future. We are very lucky to have a healthy child, let alone one that is such a good kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment