February 02, 2004

So, that's what sleep is like!

Crying himself to sleep worked surprisingly well. Friday night we laid him down at 9 pm and he cried for only 15 minutes! We were in shock. We got to sleep until 5 am, when he woke up to eat. Then went back to bed for another 2 hrs! Tresa got up with him, so I got to sleep in for a bit. Saturday night was 1/2 cry out and he fussed a bit during the night, but put himself back to sleep. He also got fed sometime during the night. Last night he fell asleep while eating his bottle. I stuck him in bed and he barely squirmed until 12 when he needed his diaper changed. Then he slept until 3:30. He never cried for more than 30 minutes. He slept better than he has in the past during his naps too. He has been much happier during the day as well. Hopefully this pattern continues.

He has tricked us a few times. He'll be quiet for 5 minutes, so we think he's asleep. We go to the door to make sure the blanket is on him and he'll hear the door handle make noise and start screaming again. Very smart child indeed.

He's started using his walker very easily. He still runs into everything, but he's getting good at it. He can climb up the stairs when someone is watching. Down is another issue. He thinks they are a normal floor and wants to sit down and play. He's also cruising along the furniture much easier now. The cats especially hate this. He gets excited around them and starts banging his hand on the furniture he's standing on because he wants at them! He reaches as far as he can, sometimes he gets them, sometimes they get him. He is persistent no matter the outcome.

Bye-bye - waving is now a skill Ollie does when he's not too distracted. Also, his first real word was Mommy, but he's now seems to have become a daddies boy. Sometimes when I leave the room he gets upset. I'm doing a lot of sneaking around the house so, I'm out of his sight when I want to go to a different room for something. It was such a problem this weekend that he stayed in the bathroom with me while I replaced the faucet. He had to help of course. Babies don't make good handy-people.

No comments: